Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The BRIEF Lab, is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our growing team and work on location at our Downers Grove, IL office. The Brief Lab (a subsidiary of the Sheffield Company) exists to teach progressive organizations to communicate clearly and concisely so their strategic initiatives get done. Its workshops and service offerings are based on the award-winning book “Brief: Make a Bigger Impact by Saying Less,” by Joseph McCormack, Founder and Managing Director.
As Staff Accountant you will be responsible for assisting with the daily accounting, back-office, human resources and general operations of the company. The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager, but works day-to-day with the Manager of Office Operations. In addition to general accounting and business office duties, this position has clerical responsibilities related to the back-office and human resources functions of the company.
- Code vendor and contractor invoices to G/L
- Do weekly check run, organize supporting documentation for signature and assure timely delivery
- Download company credit card transactions from website and code to G/L according to supporting documentation from applicable team members
- Maintain A/P records
- Create client invoices
- Process and post client credit card payments
- Post client remittances made by check and EFT
- Prepare and make bank deposits
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Monitor A/R aging and follow-up on past due invoices
- Create journal entries for electronic debits and credits to bank accounts
- Create journal entries for prepaid expense amortization, accrued expenses and recognition of depreciation of fixed assets
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Assist with month end activities
- Maintain HR records
- Maintain client contracts and subcontractor agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting desired, but candidates with solid experience and an Associate’s degree will be considered
- Demonstrated competence in accounting and financial practices and procedures
- 2-3 years working experience in accounting for a service business
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Good proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to develop working relationships across functions within an organization
- Detail oriented and organized in work approach
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Dynamic, positive team player
Find us at: http://thebrieflab.com/
Qualified local candidates, for immediate consideration please apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by employer for a visa.
The BRIEF Lab is an equal opportunity employer.